5.02.2010

Thing #12

This week's Thing is an extension of what we did last week, looking at a variety of Web 2.0 tools.  Like I said in the last post, there are SO many Web 2.0 tools out there.  Some are more popular than others; I hope I have selected some of the more popular education-related ones for our Web 2.0 experiment, but I'm sure there are some great ones I missed.  This week, take a look at a couple of sites that list Web 2.0 winners and select one more site you'd like to explore further.  As you complete this Thing, I'll edit this post to add your blog post here so we can all experiment with the tools you investigate.

CNET's 2009 Webware 100 winners
Web 2.0 Award Winners
Educational Web 2.0 Tools

To complete Thing #12, browse through the lists above and choose one Web 2.0 tool you'd like to explore further (it should be one with which you're not already familiar).  Then take a look at that tool--create an account if necessary, read/watch the tool's tutorial, try out different functions of the tool, look at other examples, etc.  The tool you choose does not necessarily need to be for classroom use, although our primary focus continues to be educational.  Then, with Thing #12 as your subject or heading, post about the tool you chose.  Describe the tool--what does it do and how does it work?  What did you like or dislike about it?  What use, if any, do you see this tool having in a classroom environment?

Edited to add your blog posts...
Thoughts From the Classroom (Miss Wainman)
Read and Write, Too! (Mrs. Marsaglia)
Second Grade Snapshot (Miss Jackson)
Pretzel Teacher (Mrs. Usherwood)
Nan99s Blog (Mrs. Neubauer)

No comments:

Post a Comment